Successful Implementation of any Management Systems
For a successful implementation of Management systems like Quality, Environment, Occupational Health and safety, Food Safety, Social Accountability, etc the following 7 steps are recommended.
- Fully engage top management to:
Define why you want to implement ISO Standard
Define your mission, vision, and values in your organization
Define your organization's stakeholders: customers, suppliers, etc.
Define your policy, and align organizational objectives and related product/service Qualities
- Identify key processes and the interactions needed to meet the objectives
- Implement and manage the system and its processes (using process management techniques)
- Build your Management System -based on the relevant ISO Standard
- dentify Standard requirements
- Map these requirements with your implemented System Standard, where applicable
- Make a gap analysis: identify where in your existing system the requirements are fulfilled, and where they are not
- Include in your Management System Standard ' processes the activities,procedures and controls needed
- Implement the system, train company staff and verify effective operation of your processes.
- Manage your Management Systems.
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Monitor and measure the operation of your Management System Standard
- Strive for continual improvement
- Consider implementing business excellence models in the company operations
- If necessary, seek third party certification/registration of the QMS, EMS, OH&S, Food Safety Social Accountability, etc. Or alternatively, issue a self-declaration of conformity.
Maintaining the benefits and continual improvement
The organization must strive to satisfy your customers and to achieve continual improvement of your operations through the Management System standards. Continual improvement is a process of increasing the effectiveness of your organization to fulfill policy and objectives that you have established which are updated periodically. ISO Standards requires that you plan and manage the processes necessary to continually improve your Management System