ISO 50001 - Energy Management
What is ISO 50001:2011 – Energy Management Systems
ISO 50001:2011 is the International Standard for Energy Management, released in June 2011 that replaces the British and European Standard BS EN 16001:2009. It provides the most robust framework for optimizing energy efficiency in public and private sector organisations. Certification to this standard defines an organisations commitment to continual improvement in energy management. Implementation will enable an organisation to lead by example within their respective industries and ensure related legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
ISO 50001:2011 specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, whose purpose is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy use and consumption.
ISO 50001:2011 specifies requirements applicable to energy use and consumption, including measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance.
ISO 50001:2011 applies to all variables affecting energy performance that can be monitored and influenced by the organization. ISO 50001:2011 does not prescribe specific performance criteria with respect to energy.
ISO 50001:2011 has been designed to be used independently, but it can be aligned or integrated with other management systems.
ISO 50001:2011 is applicable to any organization wishing to ensure that it conforms to its stated energy policy and wishing to demonstrate this to others, such conformity being confirmed either by means of self-evaluation and self-declaration of conformity, or by certification of the energy management system by an external organization.
What are the benefit of ISO 50001 certification?
- Significant financial savings can be achieved through increased energy efficiency. (Ofgem forecast energy prices will rise by at least 20% by 2020)
- Enhanced marketing capabilities. Make your business stand out.
- ISO 50001 is the most robust energy management system, enabling organisations continual improvements on energy performance
- Organisations can ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- System Compatibility; ISO 50001 can be integrated with existing management systems
- If registered to ISO 14001, the ‘basic framework’ is already there
- Ensure best practice energy management systems are in place
- BS EN 16001 framework facilitates the management of energy bills and expenditure.
How to gain certification to ISO 50001?
- Training, Consultancy and Initial Assessment to ISO 50001 is undertaken by QUALITY FOUNDATION.
- Certification is granted by certification bodies, maintained by the client. Maintenance is confirmed through a programme of annual surveillance visits and a re-certification audit every three years.
ISO 50001 Brochure to down load pl click
Why Quality Foundation – Kolkata
Consultants of Quality Foundation are lead auditors for ISO 50001:2011 – Energy Management systems, follow a Structured approach (Process flow diagram for System Development) for developing ISO/IEC 50001:2011 – Energy management systems -- Requirements through consultancy and training services, involving all concerned personnel, there by developing the competence in application of the standard in true sense and thereby continually improve during & after completion of consultancy, training and handholding services.
Consultants of Quality foundation are the Only Senior consultant registered with National Board of Quality Promotion /Quality Council of India, in the eastern region, Kolkata for QMS, Strongly believes in Value addition, Provides Customized Solutions. Possess Expertise in Diversified sectors. Quality Foundation have dedicated consultants having in depth knowledge and experience in Management systems consulting & Training. Have consulted and trained for More than 200 + Clients across India on various ISO Standards.
For more information about this service, contact our friendly team today on 09831350433. We will be pleased to help you
For further reference Pl see the below presentations